Monday, November 14, 2011

Smorgasbords

I'm not a big fan of smorgasbords.  I much prefer quality over quantity.

That being said, there are times when smorgasbords are just so much more fun than a beautifully plated scallop sitting atop a bed of arugula.

This past weekend was a smorgasbord and I feasted on experience after experience until I lazily collapsed on the couch on Sunday night ready for a mindless hour or two before the new week started.

Friday, I left work early and did something completely out of character.  And I mean completely.

I went to M.A.C. and asked the nice lady there if she would teach me how to put on eye makeup because I was going to a wedding.  I walked in fresh faced and walked out with four different (yet complimentary) colours on my eyelids.  It looked pretty cool.  

After a quick change, I hopped in the car and drove to Toronto, picking up my friend Brigitte en route.  She and I have been friends since grade 2 so we share a lot of history.  We picked up my sister and her boyfriend and then headed to the wedding of my friend Pam.  It was a great night surrounded by high school friends, people I haven't seen in 20 years and a whole bunch of people who knew me by name but whom I had never met.

It's fun when worlds collide.

It's even more fun when friends are around for a long long time.


Here we are in 1992 (3?)


and here we are almost 20 years later 


ummmm, and here's me modelling fashion from the tickle trunk

Saturday's smorgasbord continued as I spent the morning helping photograph and document hundreds of items for the annual Rotary auction.  After Friday night's evening of fun, food and friendship, Saturday was a morning of meticulous organization.  I like meticulous organization so it was a chance to flex my Type A muscles.   

Sunday, I had another photoshoot.  

This time it was boudoir. 

So I spent a few hours spent flexing my creative and artistic muscles and helping two friends discover their inner goddesses. 

It was a busy weekend but one loaded with experiences. 

Man I'm full! 

1 comment:

  1. I loved the pictures! You three are more beautiful than you were 20 years ago and hardly look any older. That's awesome! Loved this post.

    ReplyDelete