Friday, November 25, 2011

The Rumour Mill

As I mentioned yesterday - it's been seven weeks since my last run.

That also means that it's been seven weeks since I've run with any of my runner friends.  Add to that the few weeks when I was injured but still hobbling along on my own and it has probably been close to three months since I've seen many of them.  That's a quarter of a year.

Some of those runners read Running on Carbs so they have a sense of what's been going on in my world.  A few of them are friends so I see them regularly and a few I curl or swim with.  So I'm still in the loop - but only sort of.

I hear snippets of how people are doing and they hear snippets about me.

Which leads to conversations like that one I had with my friend Judy from Runners' Edge.

We ran into each other at the mall.

She said hi, gave me a big hug and said she had heard I was now training for triathlons.

She didn't ask "hey, are you training for a triathlon?"  She said "I heard you're training for triathlons now". 

Ummm.....?? I'm swimming - yes that's true.  I cycle - also true.  I will soon be running again.  I've toyed with the idea of trying a tri but as for officially committing - well I'm not quite at that stage yet.

So we laughed about the craziness of doing three sports one after the other and agreed that running was definitely the hardest of the three.  And then she told me that she was thinking of trying a triathlon next summer.

Guess that makes two of us eh?

2 comments:

  1. You're training for triathalons? COOL! hahaha, just kidding. love the rumour mill. Now only to find out who started it!

    ReplyDelete