Friday, June 6, 2014

Zip's Relaxing Reggae Retreat

Hi folks, it's me Zip. The fitbit.

I haven't written in a little while because I've been on vacation. Lying around. Feet up. Enjoying a few days of peace and quiet. Rereading a series of books about this crazy Scot named Jamie.

It's completely out of character for me but it's been nice.

Normally I'd be a little annoyed from all the sitting around but I understand that it's important to recover after a race so I'm ok with it. Going with the flow. Sipping my mojitos and listening to reggae music by the pool kinda relaxing.

In fact, after Sunday's race in the heat, I went from being resigned to a week off to be relieved to have a week off. It's hard to count steps on any run but even harder when you're distracted by the temperatures, the sights and smells of the race, the music, the excitement of it all.

I may have missed a few steps here and there in my excitement. Don't tell Céline ok? Please??

So anyway, I was pretty pooped and glad for a break. I am, however, turning into a veritable couch potato.

I was a little worried that I'd get used to the new lifestyle and would not want to go back to a regular fitness routine next week. Even though I'm a pedometer at heart doesn't mean that the sedentary lifestyle isn't appealing.

Céline assures me that I'll be excited to get back at it. She also assures me that she has already decided on a fall race so, ready or not, we're back into training again. Plus, she is promising me some new workouts during the summer.

Something she calls hill workouts and interval training.

Should I be worried?

She is also threatening to do at least one triathlon this summer. She isn't sure how we're going to manage it since I'm not waterproof and can't go swimming with her and Rose. But she's promising that I'll be able to join then at least on the run, if not the bike ride. She seems to think I'll feel left out if I don't come.

It sounds like a rather crazy idea this whole triathlon thing. Hopefully they won't be relying on my counting skills that day because I'm guessing I'll be too excited watching all the cool bikes, laughing at the funny bike helmets, and too frazzled in the transition zone to do much other than sit there with my mouth hanging open.

Thankfully Rose is much more single minded and can focus on the task at hand. I count steps. She keeps Céline alive. Very different.

By the way, you'll be happy to know that Rose seems to have toned down her flirtatious behaviour around Doug. I guess my little talk worked. I didn't want to come across as insensitive but she has a job to do and can't go around getting all distracted by every cute man she meets. Even if he is really really cute. And nice. And funny...

Focus!!

I don't understand something though. Rose no longer flirts with Doug but now, every time she sees me, she vibrates. Is she angry? Is she trying to make Doug jealous because she isn't doing it to him anymore? I don't understand girls very much and it's hard sometimes spending so much time with two of them.

Dexter says Rose likes me. I don't think so but I guess it's possible. I never really thought of her as anything other than a friend and I am a firm believer in keeping work and romance separate.

But...now that I think about it, she is pretty cute...

No comments:

Post a Comment