Thursday, June 27, 2013

Forty-Five Plus Forty-Five Equals Two Out Of Three

I ran 35 minutes on Tuesday. 

I ran 40 minutes on Thursday. 

My foot is feeling great and my running energy is slowly coming back. 

Saturday we have a triathlon training plan. 

See, here's the thing. I am building my running fitness which is great, and important, but there is no way I'm going to be running 2+ hours in two weeks.

Which is fine because I don't need to. I'm not running a half-marathon after all. 

But I do need to be able to sustain a pretty high level of activity for 2+ hours in just over two weeks. 

So we have a plan for Saturday. 

We're going to head out for a brisk 45-minutes bike ride. It will start and end in our driveway. 

When we're done, we will hop off our bikes, pull on our running shoes, check my sugar, and head out for a 45-minute run. 

An hour and a half of sustained activity, a brick training workout and some much needed confidence building all in one.

Followed by a chocolate milk, stretching session on the deck and a tasty lunch I'm sure. 

And perhaps an afternoon nap...

No comments:

Post a Comment