Thursday, April 14, 2011

On The Road Again...

Our Boston 2011 road trip begins at the crack of dawn.  I waltzed out of the office today at 4:28pm and promptly forgot where I work, what my job title is and what's on my to do list for April 26th.

I am VERY good at being on vacation.

We leave in the morning so we're fully immersed in the fun job of packing.  The last load of laundry is in the dryer and the bed is covered with stuff that we will somehow find a way to fit into the car.

This is where being a diabetic, runner, photographer girl becomes a bit of a problem.

I am going to be away for 8 days.  So I must pack enough diabetes supplies for twice that time.  Because you NEVER know.  So I have insulin, infusion sets, test strips, juice boxes (never be without those again), fast acting carbs, batteries and a back-up needle in case my pump dies.  Not exactly going to fit in my purse is it?

Just because I won't actually be running the Boston marathon doesn't mean I won't be running a few times while we're away.  So my running clothes, snacks, water bottles, shoes, Garmin etc fill another bag.  I haven't decided yet if I want to toss my yoga mat and Triggerpoint in the car just in case...

Boston and Cape Cod are beautiful and I cannot wait to photograph the city, the race, the sunsets and everything in between.  So I need a camera, several lenses, filters, flash, tripod, a camera raincoat in case it rains, batteries and a laptop.

Two runners on a road trip means lots of snacks.  The kitchen counter is covered with Cliff bars, larabars, granola bars, cereal, peanut butter, pitas etc to keep us from getting too crankypants between meals.

Oh, and I might want to change clothes once or twice while we're away...

It will fit and it will be fine.

I'm sure it will...

1 comment: