Friday, April 15, 2011

It's Been Too Long

Dear Boston,

It's Céline.  I don't know if you remember me.  I've gotten a little taller and a lot older since the last time we've seen each other.  I'm the girl who used to gaze into the water looking for mermaids.  The one who loved to eat oyster crackers and who wanted to go whale watching every day.

I'm back for a visit and I wanted to say hi.

I'm a runner girl now.  I have diabetes and I wear an insulin pump.  I work with people, not whales.  That might surprise you.  It's nice to be back and I just wanted to thank you.

Thank you for lining the streets with motivational photos of the marathon.


Thank you for the posters in the subway station. 




Thank you for filling the city with runners - long, lanky, beautiful runners that exude health and fitness.

Thank you for mistaking me for a marathoner - twice!

Thank you for the delicious clam chowder, mussels and lobster.



Thank you for the cute little apartment right on the race route and thank you for putting a bunch of Canadians in the same building with us. 


Thank you for getting all the cold weather out of the way today.  Doug likes it a little warmer than it was today so, if you don't mind, an extra ten degrees and a lot less wind would be just fabulous. He would be ever so grateful!



I've missed you Boston.  It's good to be back.

See you in the morning!

Céline

1 comment:

  1. Horray!!
    can't wait for the race post and pictures!

    have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete