Friday, February 4, 2011

Uncharted Territory

20k run in the morning.

I haven't run that far in five months.  Not since the Run for the Grapes 1/2 marathon back in September.

We're entering uncharted territory folks.

I've mastered (as much as that's possible) what to do when I run 5k, 8k, 10k, 13k.  I know how to adjust my basal, I know how much to eat before, I know how many snacks to carry. I can extend a bit and do 15k using the same bag of tricks.  Anything farther than that gets tricky because I don't run those distances often enough to work out all the kinks.

20k in the morning.

22k next Saturday (I have only run that distance once before)

25k the Saturday after (I have never run that far)

Couple weeks later, it's 28k then 30k.

Thank goodness for friends.  Chris and Benny will be out there tomorrow morning in the car, keeping an eye on the runners, and carrying my bag of emergency supplies (I like to bring enough to save about 10 diabetics).

Not sure how hard or easy it's going to be in the morning.  But I do know that it's going to be ok.

And that's pretty damn comforting.

1 comment: