Thursday, November 21, 2013

The View From The Couch

I have a warm bean bag on my tummy, a blanket over my feet, a glass of red wine and a bottle of water at hand and two cookies sitting on a plate waiting patiently to be eaten. 

I'm on the couch with my laptop on my lap (fitting non?) and I'm all set to write my next blog. 

Problem is that I don't feel like writing about diabetes.

Or running. 

Or swimming. 

I don't feel like writing about what I had for dinner or what I'm doing this weekend. 

Curling isn't doing it for me either. 

I glanced around my living room looking for inspiration. I don't typically need ideas as they tend to flow easily but sometimes I stare at my screen feeling rather stumped. 

Here's what I saw.

I saw the cover of Vanity Fair with Nicole Kidman on it. It made me think about the upcoming Hunger Games movie and how very excited I am to see it. December 5th has already been booked as Hunger Games night and I'm trying to figure out what colour to paint my nails and how crazy to do my eye shadow so I can keep up with Katniss Everdeen. So fun! 

I saw the plate of cookies and was glad that this is not the week I have to write down everything I eat for my naturopath. I did that two weeks ago. And, on Friday, I'm going back for my second appointment. I'm going to find out my blood test results and get some feedback on my eating habits. I'll let you know next week how that goes. 

I saw my iPad and realized that I'm really liking having easy access to books and magazines. I have iPad subscriptions to several magazine and download books regularly. I love the variety and I love that busy week when all the new issues of my magazines come out. That was this week so I'm overwhelmed with choices of what to read: fashion, politics, financial tips, triathlon training, running or cycling. It's great having so much information at my fingertips. 

I saw my baby sitting across from me, quietly reading on his iPad. I realized it's been a rather busy week and we haven't had as much time together as we might like. 

Tonight we have a fun adventure and won't be home until late. Friday I took the day off work and look forward to sleeping in a bit. I don't blog on weekends and, since I have an extra-long weekend, I'll see you folks on the other side. 

Have a good one! 

1 comment: