Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Sudbury and Beyond!

February, which feels like a long time ago now, was not a stellar month when it came to physical activity.

March, on the other hand, has been pretty darn good.

Wanna see what happened?

Running

Training is ramping up for the Niagara Falls Women's half so I've been adding a few extra kilometres every week. Plus I tossed in some speed and hill training to get my legs and my heart pumping. Things are feeling good and my running is going well.

Distance covered: 118km
Number of workouts: 14
Time spent: 14.5 hours

Cycling

My cycling went down a bit this month but for a good reason. I've added swimming back into the mix and, let's be honest, there really are only so many hours in a day.

Distance covered: 38k
Number of workouts: 2
Time spent: 1 hour and 48 minutes

Swimming

Yes my friends, I am back in the pool again. I hopped back in two weeks ago and have been trying to go twice per week. No Master's class. Just me and my little workout tucked into a waterproof baggie. I'm enjoying it much more than I did last fall and look forward to the workouts again.

Distance covered: 10,000m
Number of workouts: 4
Time spent: 4 hours

Erg'ing (aka rowing machine)

I've been going to my new fitness centre on Sunday mornings and doing a nice little workout. Thirty minutes on the erg followed by weight training. The distance is adding up and I'm getting a bit faster and a bit stronger with each session.

Distance covered: 31,822m
Number of workouts: 5
Time spent: 2.5 hours

Corefit and Weight Training 

I'm tossing any weight training I've been doing into one big pot. Whether it's an hour CoreFit class or an hour lifting weights, it's going here. Sadly I haven't figured out how to convert ten minutes on the bench press into distance so I'm only going to report on the number of workouts and time spent doing them.

Number of workouts: 8
Time spent: 6 hours and 15 minutes

Grand total for March:

Number of workouts: 33
Time spent: 29 hours
Distance covered: 196.8km

Where does that get me to?

I have covered a total distance of 547km in three months.

In January I had made it from my house to Barrie. By the end of February I was just north of Parry Sound. And now?

Well, I've made it all the way to Sudbury, Ontario with enough left over to turn west and head another 70km towards Sault St. Marie.

Just to remind you, my goal is to run, swim, bike, row and walk (on the golf course) my way to Regina, Saskatchewan by the end of 2015. The total distance is 2396km from my front door. In the first quarter of the year, I've covered just under one quarter of the distance (23% to be precise). Which means I'm well on my way to getting to Regina by New Year's Eve.

The challenge for April?

Where to fit in my Sunday morning erg/weight workout once it warms up enough for our Sunday morning cycling group to hit the roads again? The schedule will once again have to be tweaked.

2 comments:

  1. You sure have a lot of free time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Celine " I am curious about your life. If I were same as you..Oh!! really Your life is very enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete