Thursday, April 9, 2015

April Showers Bring Hope


It’s pouring outside as I write this. Dark and dreary and it looks hours later than it really is.

Rainy April days are the price we pay for sunny May ones.

Doesn’t matter one whit.

The rain, the darkness, the lack of sunshine.

Because I know what’s coming.

This past Tuesday, the remedial golf ladies and I signed up for another season of ladies’ remedial golf.

Yesterday I researched the best sunscreens to protect me against four hours of rays.

On Saturday, our driving range is officially opening for the season.

On Monday, our golf course is officially opening for the season. Monday is also the day we get to bring our clubs back to their summer storage spot and the day of the golf social where I will take a deep breath and sign up for the Thursday ladies’ league. Rumour has it those ladies play golf a notch or two above what my beloved Tuesday gals do. Tuesdays will be fun, Thursdays will be educational.

Next Tuesday we already have a tee time booked right after work.

Let the rains fall and the sun hide. It doesn’t bother me one bit.

Once golf season starts, spring is just around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment