Friday, August 15, 2014

Thirty-Four

Between the time this blog posts at 7am Friday morning and the time I sit down for dinner on Saturday evening, I will have put 34km on my legs.

I have not technically been training for this incredible feat of endurance but I guess I could argue that I have been untechnically training all summer.

I'm not really doing anything out of the ordinary other than squeezing in my regular stuff into a fairly tight window.

Friday, after work, we're heading to the golf course for my beloved Friday afternoon pastime of 18 holes of golf.

Enter the first 10k of the weekend.

We will get home fairly late (by my standards anyway) and I'll fall right into bed upon arrival.

Saturday morning the first item on the agenda will be heading out in the early morning hours to get my 14k training run in.

Enter the next 14k of the weekend. I'll be up to 24k by noon.

Saturday afternoon Doug and I are back on the golf course for our second 18 holes of the weekend.

A final 10k for a grand total of 34k.

Toss in a sister date on Sunday and I'll probably top 40k by the time I get back to work.

Do I get a medal if I cover the marathon distance over 2 1/2 days instead of a handful of hours?

No comments:

Post a Comment