Monday, November 10, 2014

Sunday Afternoons

All summer long Doug and I looked for every opportunity to get out on the golf course. Most weekends involved two to three games, preferably 18 holes if we could manage it.

I loved it. He loved it.

Saturdays usually included a long run first thing, a shower, lunch and then off to the golf course. Home in time for dinner.

Sundays looked a lot like Saturdays except that the long run was traded for a bike ride.

Now that the temperatures have dropped, and our next golf game is months away, I am rediscovering the joy of having time at home.

Take yesterday for example. We got up relatively early and headed down into the basement for a cycling workout. Cycling, breakfast, leisurely coffee and a shower were done by 11:00am. Then I went to town.

I put on a pot of split pea and ham soup to take advantage of the ham bone we had left over from last weekend.

I put on a squash to roast in the oven.

I seeded four pomegranates.

I did two loads of laundry and some hand washing.

I cleaned out the linen and toiletry closet.

I cleaned up the kitchen after all the cooking, put on a pot of tea and listened to the latest episode of Serial (a very interesting podcast for anyone interested) while I painted my nails.

I wrote today's blog. I prepped for my presentation next weekend. I read Châtelaine (en Français).

All of this between 11am and 3pm.

The exact amount of time that it takes to play 18 holes of golf.

I miss my golf course and my 10k walks in the fresh air.

But it sure is nice to have those Sunday afternoons back...at least for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment